Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Recovery

No blogging of late. Final exams are upon me, next semester is banging on the door, and my PowerBook had a massive crash over the holiday weekend, from which I am just now getting back to full speed (several days behind).

My last class meeting of Fall 04 is tomorrow (Thursday, 12/2), and I can't believe I am done with my first semester on the tenure track (well, 'done' as far as class meetings go. I still have final exams to administer and projects and scripts to grade).

I feel like I need to have a New Semester Resolution list... (1) I will be tougher on my students when it comes to deadlines and not let them slack just because I am too unorganized to do anything about it...

Any other ideas to add to the list?

3 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

I should post more often -- I just got busy and frustrated. Lost a lot of productivity time...

Apparently, PowerBook crashes aren't ALL that uncommon, especially when updating to 10.3.6, which is what I was doing when the crash occurred. Eventually had to wipe the whole thing clean and reinstall everything, Fortunately, I didn't lose any data.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Terminal Degree said...

Resolution #3: Subscribe to mac.com so you can back up your powerbook! :)

Sorry it crashed. That sucks. Mine did that once last year, too, when a system file became corrupted, which led to a new resolution for me: Buy Disk Warrior, and keep a copy at work and at home. It will solve just about any Mac problem. I also put my dissertation and other important stuff on CD, which I store off-site.

But overall, OS X is so much more stable than OS 9. I'm really pleased with it.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

Good thought. I am back up and running now (but I am on my PC at home at the moment)... I do need to back up regularly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home