Saturday, February 05, 2005

Feeling Blessed and Stressed

Admit it, my post titles just suck. Never been great with titles.

Feeling Blessed...
Finally pinned down the director of my division about what I can expect to get from departmental production funds for my feature project this summer. Really, I couldn't ask for more. I'm already using the department's HD camera to shoot it, plus all the equipment in the department is basically at my disposal and reserved for our use this summer. Plus we're making the production into a class, to give students experience, which means I'm getting a summer contract out of it (i.e., I'm getting paid).

So he told me yesterday how much money we could expect (it's not much for a feature, but it's one-fifth of the department's production funds, so I am grateful). Plus he'll order any other equipment we need (like a shoulder harness or additional lighting instruments) out of the capital expenditures budget, if the department would be able to use it later.

Basically, they're supporting me in every way I can think of.

Feeling Stressed...
So why should I be stressed then? Well, the business side of this stuff drives me crazy. I have one outside investor, and to make that work, I have to start a company (an LLC), establishing the investor as a member of the LLC with a specific profit sharing arrangement, etc. Legal fees. Contracts. The stuff I hate. But I'm working my way through it. I just find it stressful. I'll be happy when we're done with it. I HATE HATE HATE the business crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home