Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Not the kind of cluster I like...

Had another cluster headache/migraine last night. Since last year, I've been getting them in the middle of the night. So now, instead of just the searing pain of one of these things, I get searing pain + interrupted sleep. I only have a precious few years left before I have to start getting up in the middle of the night to pee, so I'm kind of annoyed by having to get up to stumble around to find my Imitrex.

Happy days...

My morning coffee has become less of a nice way to wake up and more of a necessity if I want to function.

Wednesday: producer and I are to be interviewed by the student paper for an article. Press coverage (on an admittedly small scale) has to begin somewhere.

Thursday: visiting the set of an indie film shooting in town. Our main prospective DP for the film is DP'ing this film, and he and the director invited us to visit and watch them in action.

Student Presentations Today: went really well. I make them take a scene from a film (their choice, but I have to sign off on the selection) and basically explain all the aspects of mise-en-scene in the given scene. Sometimes, with projects such as these, I get very surface presentations... the students show the scene and talk about it for 2 to 3 minutes and sit down. But the three presentations today were incredibly detailed and well thought-out. One of them, in particular, really impressed me. Nice that these three ended up going first -- good way to set a high expectation level. Happy accident.

Edited to add: I finished textbook adoption for the fall. Well, I have one more text I might add to my directing class, but I still have to review it. So I went ahead and did the adoptions for everything else. Cross another item off the to-do-list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home