Sunday, May 15, 2005

A Death in the Family

Grandpa J. died on Friday night, after two weeks of suffering in the last stage of congestive heart failure. His last two days were particularly hard. In his last moments, he was surrounded by his children and their spouses, and his grandchildren. But his last moments were particularly harsh and painful as the heart failure caused him to suffocate and drown in his own fluids. I am glad it is over for him, and glad I was with my family, to reminisce, celebrate his life, and reconnect.

R.I.P., Grandpa. Enjoy eternity with Grandma, and don't let her tell you how much to drink.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger bitchphd said...

I'm sorry for your loss, and that it was a hard end. I hope you, and he, took comfort in everyone's being by his side.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

Thanks all. It was good to be there with him, especially after losing my grandmother so suddenly several years ago. He was surrounded by those who love him, and I am pretty sure he knew that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home