Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Idle Thought

I'm thinking of shaving my head this summer, for the film shoot. I've started to recede in the front and the hair on my crown is growing noticeably thin. My wife hates the idea, but I'm already trimmed down to the hair-as-skin-cap look anyway. So, bald is just the next natural step. And I'll keep the goatee, or maybe shave just the moustache.

Pretty sure I am going to do this, but generally curious about reactions (admittedly from people who have never seen me before).

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger sarahnoel said...

I think the bald look can be pulled off quite well, if and only if there is facial hair to compensate.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

Ah, some opinions. AiE -- since I don't know what you look like, this is hard, but I am trying to imagine you with a shaved head. I bet that compulsion to touch is powerful!

Sarah -- agreed on the necessity for facial hair. Without it, the bald look, for men anyway, comes off as, well, too naked for a face/head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home