Monday, January 09, 2006

Hoping for SXSW

Still nothing from all the fests we sent the film to, other than the rejection from Sundance and Slamdance, and the implied rejection from San Francisco Indie Fest (implied by the fact that the fest is in three weeks and I haven't heard squat, in spite of my emailing them to see if we were in or out).

The one I'm waiting and hoping for at the moment is SXSW (South by Southwest). Great fest in Austin TX, very reputable, would LOVE to premiere there.

I haven't heard a peep from them yet. They are supposed to announce to the lineup in early to mid-February. Some people HAVE heard from them. Their website give the following "insider tip':

No news is good news. If you haven't heard from us, it means your film is still in the running. Please don't call us panicked unless you still haven't heard from us at all by February 13.


So, I am HOPING this means we truly are still in the running. A SXSW premiere would make my year.

Say a prayer and think good thoughts for us...

2 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

If you get in to SXSW, I could see your film! I'm going to be there for the interactive conference which overlaps with film this year. I could probably get a pass to your film. I'm sending you good vibes anyway. I tend to be able to fix computers by standing next to them, so maybe my being at SXSW will get you in.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

Yes! I need those good "proximity" vibes.

If we get in, I'll let you know the title so you can plan to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home