Thursday, March 24, 2005

Some nice news

In the middle of fighting off a migraine last night, having just popped an Imitrex pill and hoping it would kick in fast, I learned that both scripts that I submitted to one particular screenwriting competition advanced to the semifinals. That's the top 70 scripts out of about 2000. Somewhere in the top 3 to 4%.

That made me feel good. But I still had to go to a dark room for a while. And drink a cup of coffee. Caffeine seems to boost the effects of most pain meds for me (I discovered this when I realized Excedrin has caffeine in it).

I love that I can drink a bowl-sized cup of coffee less than an hour or two before bed and still fall right to sleep. TerminalMFA-Wife can't drink a coke within three to four hours of bed or she'll toss and turn all night.

Of course, at least she doesn't end up getting up to go to the bathroom because she filled up her bladder right before bed...

(And no, I have no idea why I am rambling on about coffee and urination habits, except that I just had my morning coffee, and I really have to pee).

I'm starting to worry about what my Google search results are going to start looking like after posts like this.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

OH, the evil before-bed-drinks-making-all-night-pee problem. I suffer that a lot.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

I just had rum and coke ... i'm going to be uo all night again peeing. or maybe i'll sleep through the migraine (last night's was a doozy)...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home