Sunday, July 17, 2005

Making a movie is hard work.

Don't let anyone tell you differently. It's hard. It's sometimes downright grueling. I'm exhausted, and we've only been shooting for three days.

It's going well -- good footage, great performances. So much of directing, I am learning day by day, is the decisions that were made BEFORE production. And a lot of it is keeping your cool under pressure.

The main pressure right now is that the DP wants to light this film like it's a normal feature and not a rough-looking mock documentary. It's becoming something of a struggle, and one of the actors talked about it with me tonight as well. So I'm going to have to address this (again) on Monday morning.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck surviving the grind. From what I know about the film, your thoughts about the lighting effects sound right to me. Interesting point about how important pre-production is to the making of a film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home