Sunday, October 30, 2005

Kids are cute

Let me clarify. MY kids are cute. I don't really think most other kids are cute. Unless they're well behaved. I find well-behaved kids to be much cuter than poorly behaved children. And when I say 'much cuter,' I mean that ill-behaved children are not cute at all.

But, to be specific, my 4 year old middle child said something that cracked me up today.

Driving home from church today, we passed some cows in a field (yes, we live in a fairly rural area, and no, it doesn't bother me). Anyway, the conversation went something like this:

Middle Child (MC): Daddy, cows!
TerminalMFA (TMFA): I know, I see them.
MC: Why does that one have a hump on its back?
TMFA: That's a male cow, sweetie. A bull.
(Silence from back seat).
MC: So he delivers the mail to all the other cows?

Took me a second to figure out the whole male/mail thing, which of course seems fairly obvious in print. But I laughed for several minutes. I love my kids.

3 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is way cute. And I'm with you on other kids not being cute. When people ask me if I like kids, I say, "Yeah, I like my kids."

I bet your kids are well-behaved, though, and pretty darn cute. :)

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

I say the same thing. Other kids -- I have varying degrees of tolerance, usually depending on their communication skills (or willingness to communicate) and their behavior around adults. Whiners drive me nuts (just as my own kids do when they whine); kids who ignore adults completely drive me nuts.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger jo(e) said...

I laughed aloud at this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home