Saturday, January 21, 2006

I hate writing...

...I love 'having written.' So said Dorothy Parker, and often I couldn't agree with her more (though, there are times when the writing process is invigorating, and I feel a little like Anthony Michael Hall at the end of The Breakfast Club, reading his essay and punching his own shoulder, knowing he's written a gem).

But in general, the writing process is a chore. Today, surprisingly, I really want to write. But I can't.

Because I don't know what to write about. This is frustrating me beyond belief. I have several ideas I've been working on. They're in various stages of development, but none of them is the idea I want to tackle next.

So I'm sitting here (surrounded by my brood, by the way -- so it's not like I would be getting much writing done anyway), desperately wanting to write something and having nothing to write.

This sucks. I need to decide what I'm going write next. I haven't written a new spec in... um, too long.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger TerminalMFA said...

Thanks, Bailiff. I really need it right now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home