Monday, January 30, 2006

Festivals, by the numbers

Didn't know I'd be updating this the same day I posted it. US Comedy Arts said 'no thanks' this afternoon....

  • Number of festivals entered: 33
  • Number of festivals who have rejected the film: 10
  • Number of festivals who have accepted the film: 0
  • Number of rejecting-fests who never bothered to tell me we were rejected (i.e., I found out only by NOT getting contacted when others were hearing they were in): 3

    List of fests:

    Sundance
    Slamdance
    Cinequest
    **
    SXSW
    San Francisco Indie Fest
    Syracuse International Film Festival
    DC Indie Fest
    Durango Independent Film Festival
    Beverly Hills Fine Arts Industry Showcase

    Tribeca
    US Comedy Arts (HBO)
    Florida Film Fest
    Crossroads (Jackson, MS)
    Gen Art (NY)
    Ann arbor Film Festival
    NY Underground Film Festival
    Atlanta Film Festival
    Houston Worldfest
    Los Angeles Film Festival
    Seattle International Film Festival
    MethodFest
    Palm Beach International Film Festival
    New Directors/New Films (NY MoMA)
    Staten Island Film Festival
    Brooklyn Underground Film Festival
    FilmFest DC
    Cannes
    Boston Independent
    Dances With Films
    DIY Film Festival
    Santa Cruz Film Festival
    Seattle True Independent Film Festival
    Cosmos Film and Video Festival

    **Cinequest did reject the film from the main fest, but they extended an invitation to their online festival. I politely declined, after thinking on it for a while, because I didn't want the film to premiere online. Since it's a feature, I didn't think it would be a great way to start off a festival run, and I was concerned about how it might affect distribution deals in the future.

    I'll update this post as new results come in and as I enter new fests.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home